Hello, my name is Becky and I am a Chexmixalohic.
I am a snacker and if there’s a bowl of Chex mix in the room, I find myself gravitating toward it at an alarming speed. I can’t help myself, that stuff is so good, especially when you’re hosting a party, girls night, or having a quiet night in. Because it’s the giving season, I’m here to pass along my recipe for my super addictive and easy slow cooker Chex Mix.
This will cure your snacking craving for sure. Plus you’ll have so much mix left over, it’ll make a great homemade gift, especially for the Netflix-watching homebody in your life. You’ll need Rice Chex cereal, Shreddies, Cheerios, garlic mini bite bagel chips, mixed nuts, butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and garlic powder. Pour the cereal, nuts, and bagel chips into your slow cooker.
I recommend the Kitchenaid 6-Qt. Slow Cooker. I received one as a wedding gift 3 years ago, and I use it all the time. I love that it cooks everything evenly, we use to own a slow cooker that would burn everything on it’s lowest setting. It can’t tell you how much food I wasted because of it. Thank goodness, that’s over.
Anyways, melt the butter and mix the Worcestershire sauce, salt and garlic together. Pour over the butter mixture over the cereal mix. Now toss it really well. This will take a minute or two. You want to make sure that your cereal mix is well coated. Now cook your cereal mix on LOW for 3 hours. You’re going to want to stir the mixture every hour and then every 15-20 minutes during the last hour. This is just to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Just a warning, your house is going to smell like Chex Mix goodness. Now just pour yourself a glass of wine, grab some mix and enjoy!
- 3 cups Chex cereal, rice
- 3 cups cheerios
- 3 cups shreddies
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 3 cups bite-sized garlic bagel or bread chips
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt, Himalayan pink salt, ground
- Pour the cereal, mixed nuts, and chips into the slow cooker.
- Melt the butter, mix in the Worcestershire sauce, powder, and salt.
- Pour the butter mixture over the cereal mix. Make sure to toss the mixture so it's combined well
- Cover and set your slow cooker to LOW and cook for 3 hours.
- You'll need to make sure you stir the mixture every hour and then every 15-20 minutes during the last hour. This will prevent it from burning.
- Once cooked, let it cool completely before serving.
What’s your favourite snack to make this time of year?