The Star Wars films are some of our favourite and go-to films for our quiet nights in. I mean, it has everything anyone could want: action, comedy, romance, cuteness (who doesn’t love BB-8?). I really hope Wendy will grow up and appreciate these classic films, but she will not watch episode 1 until she is old enough to dislike Jar Jar….what an annoying character. Anyways, since it’s bloody cold out and a new Star Wars film was released today, I figured I would share a Star Wars blue milk cocoa with you! It’s Star Wars related, it tastes good, and it’s warm for anyone out there experiencing the cold blues.
- 2 cups of milk (I used Lactose free 2%)
- ¼ cups of white chocolate chips
- ½ tsp of peppermint extract
- 1 drop of blue food colouring
- optional whipped cream & sprinkles for topping
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and white chocolate chips until the chips have melted.I heated the milk and chocolate on medium-low. I don't enjoy the filming coating once milk boils and you don't want to burn the chocolate either. So take it slow.
- Once the chips have melted, stir in the extract and the food colouring.
- Remove from stovetop, pour into a clear mug (one that can handle hot liquids), top with whipped cream and sprinkles!
Now go make yourself some hot cocoa and enjoy a Star Wars film, I recommend Star Wars: The Force Awakens!