Is there anything better than blue cheese and steak? I think not, and a few weeks ago our friends agreed with that sentiment too. We had a few friends over for dinner and on the menu was bacon wrapped filet mignon with a blue cheese-breadcrumb topping. It was amazing and didn’t take long to put together and cook at all. So whether it’s to impress your friends, or you’re looking for a quick dinner tonight that’ll impress your sweetie, this is the recipe you need.
These beauties would also make for an awesome Valentine’s Day or Anniversary dinner. Chris absolutely loves whenever I make this and I don’t blame him because this is also one of my favs.
- 4 filet mignons steaks
- 4 strips of bacon
- dash of salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp of oil
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Season your steaks with some salt and pepper and wrap one slice of bacon around your steaks. To keep the bacon in place, tie a piece of cooking twine around the bacon and steak.
- On your stovetop, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. I love using my cast iron skillet, but any pan will do.
- When the pan is hot, sear your steaks. 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set on your steaks on a rack on top of your baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, blue cheese, and breadcrumbs
- Divide the breadcrumb mixture into four, and pack on top of each of the steaks.
- Place your steaks in the oven and cook for 10-20 minutes, depending on your steak doneness preference.
- Serve your steaks with your favourite side, maybe a mashed potato, or some roasted veggies and salad and enjoy.
What are you cooking up tonight?
Looking for more delicious ideas? Check these out