Honesty time, I’m not a fan of raw carrots, especially plain raw carrots. Disgusting. I used to cover them in some sort of dip or I fed them to my dog, Lady. But now that I’m a mama, I can’t really do that anymore….or at least I’m more aware that I shouldn’t do that with a set of little eyes watching me. I want her to eat her carrots so I’ve had to come up with ways to make mine a heck of a lot tastier, ergo roasted parmesan garlic carrots.
These were so good, I made them for Thanksgiving dinner and they are quickly becoming a household favourite. Wendy can’t seem to get enough of them and honestly, neither can I. These are so easy to make and you don’t need very much at all.
When I make these, I aim to have at least 2 carrots per person, sometimes more.
Now let’s get down to how to make these bad boys!
- 8 carrots, you'll want to make at least 2 per person
- 1½ tsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- a generous sprinkle of parmesan
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 400F
- Wash and peel your carrots
- Line the carrots in a single layer on your baking sheet and pour the melted butter over them
- Take your minced garlic and pour that over your carrots
- Bake for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes remove from the oven to rotate the carrots and sprinkle as much parmesan cheese over the carrots as you would like.
- Place back into the oven for 10-15 minutes, keeping a close eye to make sure you don't burn the cheese.
- Remove from the oven when ready and enjoy!
Try these at your next holiday meal and let me know what you think? Aren’t they amazing?