So it happened! Disney Parks confirmed so many of the rumors that were flying around the Disney new-sphere and I’ve gotta say, I am so flippin’ excited! In case you missed all the excitement. here are my favourite announcements below! I should probably mention, I’m pretty much excited about all of them…. [Read more…]
Hello fellow Star Wars nerds,
May the 4th be with you all on this most force-filled of days. I hope you guys are enjoying your day so far. It’s been keep of gloomy the last couple of days but hopefully May sunshine will be shining through soon. Hopefully, maybe I can ‘force it’…see what I did there….anyways… [Read more…]
So wedding season is fast approaching, and each year I can’t help but think back to the day that Chris and I promised to live by each other’s mutual weirdness for the rest of our lives. Our day was full of laughter, cheers, and good times. Oh and pies, donuts, and hot dogs…just saying. We tried to DIY as much as we could. My girls and I spent hours making ceremony ribbon sticks, collecting books, making a giant gold heart, baking pies. Chris and I made our kissing game wheel (wasn’t as difficult as many would have thought), I baked and decorated our wedding cake, and the list can go on. So I hope you check out the photos below and hopefully it’ll inspire you with your wedding. Enjoy! [Read more…]
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching so I thought I would share some of the Valentine’s Day gifts floating around my house right now. I’ve also included links to pdfs that you can download so that these can float around your home too!! [Read more…]
So I just received my second Mickey’s Mystery Box today and I could not be happier! This box has stolen my Disney heart. I couldn’t believe all the stuff I received. I’ll show you everything I received and the value of the items. I should mention, I subscribe to the Fantastmic box (their largest box).
Happy day before Christmas, everyone!!! I can’t believe it’s already here. I don’t know about you, but my day is busy with preparations for tonight and tomorrow. It’s such an exciting and busy time. But it’s never too busy to make a few treats for Santa’s plate. One of my favorite recipes to make this time of year is my gingerbread cookie recipe. I have changed and perfected this recipe over the years. This is a favourite among my friends and family, it’s even requested. Although the cookies turn out really tasty, my favorite part is actually using the cool cookie cutters that I have. I mean common, look at some of the shapes I made above, Star Wars cutters, ninjabread cutters, funny gingerbread cookies etc. It’s a lot of fun. You can ever get your kids to help out. I know growing up, I helping out with the Christmas baking, especially the cookies. Rolling out the dough, cutting shapes, decorating them, and then the best part, EATING THEM. So if you are looking for something to bake today with your family, and need some cookies to set out for Santa, this is the recipe for you.
It’s a week until Christmas Eve and our family is getting cozy by our faux fire with bowls of popcorn and mugs of Star Wars blue hot chocolate. We love spending time together during these cold winter months and our favourite thing to do is watch movies together. It’s not a difficult thing to find on television, we actually don’t have cable, we prefer watching Netflix and such, but if you turn on the television, most channels are filled with Christmas movies this time of year. But if you’re looking for some movies to cozy up to with your loved one here’s our list.
*This post also contains affiliate links. Meaning that if you click on the link and make a purchase I make a small commission. This doesn’t increase your cost or change your experience at all. All thoughts and opinions below are my own.*
Not all of these films are family-friendly but they are all entertaining and well watched in our home.
- It’s a Wonderful Life – This is my absolute favourite film this time of year. We have to watch it every year at the beginning of the season. It’s a feel good, warms the heart kind of film. Plus memorable quotes: “Everytime a bell rings, an angel gets his wings…”
- A Christmas Story – Another classic. We watch it every year while we trim the tree. It’s both corny and funny. Plus you’ll want to go out and find a good leg lamp…just saying
- Home Alone – Use to be entertaining…now as a parent it might be a horrible nightmare….funny, but scary.
- Die Hard – Not safe for young ones. but it’s not Christmas until we watch Hans Grubber fall off the Nakatomi Plaza..
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – Another not safe for young ones
- Scrooged – This might be too scary for children. It’s an adult version of A Christmas Carol featuring Bill Murray with some adult language.
- The Santa Clause – Tim Allen as Santa Claus is surprisingly convinceable.
- Elf – After watching this film, I feel like my mouth fills with cavities. Sugared covered everything, with a childish elf.
- A Muppets Christmas Carol – Another version of A Christmas Carol, this time featuring The Muppets!!! Gonzo and Rizzo do a great job of narrating the tale that kids and parents will love to watch.
- Miracle on 34th Street – This is a remake of the original Miracle on 34th Street. It’ll leave you cheering for Santa Claus and looking to purchase an “I believe” button.
Have fun watching these classics. Do you think I missed any? What movies are you and your family watching this time of year?
Don’t forget to pin this, tweet it, and share it on facebook!
The Star Wars films are some of our favourite and go-to films for our quiet nights in. I mean, it has everything anyone could want: action, comedy, romance, cuteness (who doesn’t love BB-8?). I really hope Wendy will grow up and appreciate these classic films, but she will not watch episode 1 until she is old enough to dislike Jar Jar….what an annoying character. Anyways, since it’s bloody cold out and a new Star Wars film was released today, I figured I would share a Star Wars blue milk cocoa with you! It’s Star Wars related, it tastes good, and it’s warm for anyone out there experiencing the cold blues.
- 2 cups of milk (I used Lactose free 2%)
- ¼ cups of white chocolate chips
- ½ tsp of peppermint extract
- 1 drop of blue food colouring
- optional whipped cream & sprinkles for topping
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and white chocolate chips until the chips have melted.I heated the milk and chocolate on medium-low. I don't enjoy the filming coating once milk boils and you don't want to burn the chocolate either. So take it slow.
- Once the chips have melted, stir in the extract and the food colouring.
- Remove from stovetop, pour into a clear mug (one that can handle hot liquids), top with whipped cream and sprinkles!
Now go make yourself some hot cocoa and enjoy a Star Wars film, I recommend Star Wars: The Force Awakens!
In honour of the release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, I’ve decided to put together a gift guide for the Star Wars fan in your life. Chris and I are huge Star Wars nerds. We own the blu-rays, have a vinyl record Star Wars clock hanging in our living room, t-shirts galore, comics, action figures, and home decor….the list could actually go on. (actually I’m wearing a Star Wars Ewok hoodie has I type this). Anyways, here are some ideas as to what to get fellow Star Wars nerds for Christmas. [Read more…]
Yes you read that right, last night Disney turned Epcot’s Spaceship Earth into the Death Star. All in celebration of the upcoming film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. In case you missed it last night, here is the replay of the live stream. Enjoy fellow geeks!
*video on youtube posted by Disney Parks
May the Force be with you!