Hello Friends! I hope the summer is treating you all very kindly. It has been bloody hot on this side of the border….this may be the longest summer I ever experience…at least I have air conditioning, thank goodness. Anyways, today I want to share a drink that Chris highly enjoyed during our trip to Punta Cana.
During most of our travels, we have found it’s actually rare to find a location outside of Canada that serves caesars. Most places serve Bloody Marys but to be honest that’s not the same, at all. Chris and I are complete caesar fans, forget the tomato juice, pass us the Clamato juice and we are absolutely happy. So when Chris approached the swim-up bar at the resort we stayed in in Punta Cana and saw a drink with Clamato in it, he knew he had to try it. I don’t remember what they called it but I know it satisfied Chris’ caesar craving. Every bartender there made it differently but the two main ingredients never changed, beer and Clamato. So when we got home, it was time to give it a try, with a twist.
I made a trip to the local LCBO, which being in my 2nd trimester I received a lot of dirty and judgemental looks…even though I haven’t touched alcohol since before I was pregnant…anyways, I headed towards the craft beers and decided on the Innis & Gunn Irish Whiskey Cask Beer. I’ve had this beer before I was pregnant, and I actually enjoyed it. It goes down pretty smoothly and has some great flavour. You can really taste the whiskey. Chris and I highly recommend.
So if you would like to create this Beery Caesar at home, here’s what you’ll need:
- A Tall Glass
- 4 squirts of Lime juice
- 5 squirts of Lemon juice
- 10 squirts of Worcestershire sauce
- Caesar Rimmer
- 3 squirts of Tabasco
- 1/2 to 1 bottle of Innis & Gunn Irish Whiskey Cask Beer
- enough Clamato Juice to fill the rest of the glass
- celery stalk for garnish
- Pour some rimmer into a small bowl *make sure your glass rim fits in the bowl first* and then pour lemon juice in another bowl. Now put the rim of your glass in the lemon juice and then the caesar rimmer. This will allow the caesar rimmer to stick to the rim of your glass
- Now mix the rest of the ingredients together in your glass, adding the Clamato juice last.
- Add the celery stalk and mix
Personally, I think this is a pretty low key and awesome caesar, especially during outdoor BBQ season. I hope you enjoy the flavours!